register windows problem RRS feed

• Question

• hi im new to this forum i had a virus in my sytem 32 file it was put into my quarentine folder and i have deleted it by accident an when i restarted my pc it kept restarting itself so i did a format reinstall of windows and when the computer load it asks to activate my coppy of windows so i do i put my cd key in an it says unauthorised product key i clcik telephone enter my instalation id then it says  error i have phone microsoft and they said my kwy is a valid key and i have to 47 pound sumthing to speak to a person to solve the problem or come onto this forum i have had a erro code 0x80004005  come up and i have been on the diagnostic site an it says 
    Passed Active scripting allowed
    Passed Display images enabled
    Passed Computer time and date correct
    Passed Cookies enabled
    Passed ActiveX enabled
    Passed Windows validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Office validation ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help ActiveX loaded
    Passed Validation Self-help: Data.dat Corruption check
    Passed Validation Self-help: Cryptography check
    Failed Validation Self-help: Product Activation check 

here is my MGA Diagnostics tool results 

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0006.1):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Not Activated
    Validation Code: 1
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-*****-*****-*****
    Windows Product Key Hash: ***********************
    Windows Product ID: 55277-OEM-2111907-00107
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0.hom
    ID: {EDF53628-474B-4A31-AECA-F8736DD746E2}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.9.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-258-3
    Resolution Status: N/A

WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

WGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WGATray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.28.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{EDF53628-474B-4A31-AECA-F8736DD746E2}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0006.1</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010300.3.0.hom</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-VF2B8</PKey><PID>55277-OEM-2111907-00107</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1935655697-507921405-1417001333</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>1302    </Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20070303000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>A47E36870184607C</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 15220:ASUSTeK Computer Inc|10322:GENUINE C&C INC
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

i havent got a certificat of authenticity sticker as i purchased a new tower an forgot about the sticker finnaly i have used this scan http://www.bestregcleaner.com/indexerror.php?apid=A153670b&apflag=1&key=0x80004005&gclid=CJG8_qHg5pgCFQ0vQgodRHvadA
    it has found 800 errors and as asked me  to pay is this a scam scan to get money cheers mark
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 7:20 PM

Answers

• Hello Sparky_Marky64,

Thank you for posting here in the WGA Forum. The problem which you're experiencing is you have an OEM SLP version of Windows XP Home installed on a clone computer. Let me explain what I mean by OEM SLP.

OEM-SLP: Computers built by large commercial manufacturers that come with Vista Pre-installed come with two (2) Product Keys; SLP and COA Key.  SLP stands for System Locked Pre-install. OEM manufacturer’s add an OEM identifier string to the system BIOS during manufacturing. Windows verifies this identifier during the boot process. In this way the end user will not be required to activate Windows. The OEM SLP Key is geared to work with the special instructions found on that Manufacturer’s computer hardware.  The Product Key is available on the COA sticker and not installed in the computer. For example all DELL OEM SLP Windows Vista systems use a single product key but the COA sticker on the machine contains the unique COA. The key located on the COA sticker should only be used in limited situations and requires telephone activation. Example should you require to reformate the computer the key from the COA sticker would be used. 

Sparky you do have options. Return the software and request a refund or an OEM System Builder version. Next you may purchase Vista directly from Microsoft Marketplace or an authorized local retailer. Also you should have been presented with a window that said Get Genuine whereas you can purchase Windows XP from Microsoft. Also I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/piracy

Thank you,

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:17 PM

All replies

• Hello Sparky_Marky64,

Thank you for posting here in the WGA Forum. The problem which you're experiencing is you have an OEM SLP version of Windows XP Home installed on a clone computer. Let me explain what I mean by OEM SLP.

OEM-SLP: Computers built by large commercial manufacturers that come with Vista Pre-installed come with two (2) Product Keys; SLP and COA Key.  SLP stands for System Locked Pre-install. OEM manufacturer’s add an OEM identifier string to the system BIOS during manufacturing. Windows verifies this identifier during the boot process. In this way the end user will not be required to activate Windows. The OEM SLP Key is geared to work with the special instructions found on that Manufacturer’s computer hardware.  The Product Key is available on the COA sticker and not installed in the computer. For example all DELL OEM SLP Windows Vista systems use a single product key but the COA sticker on the machine contains the unique COA. The key located on the COA sticker should only be used in limited situations and requires telephone activation. Example should you require to reformate the computer the key from the COA sticker would be used. 

Sparky you do have options. Return the software and request a refund or an OEM System Builder version. Next you may purchase Vista directly from Microsoft Marketplace or an authorized local retailer. Also you should have been presented with a window that said Get Genuine whereas you can purchase Windows XP from Microsoft. Also I would recommend for you to file a piracy report by visiting http://www.microsoft.com/piracy

Thank you,

Stephen

Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:18 PM
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:17 PM
  • thanks for the reply what happend after i fill in the piracy report cheers
    Friday, February 20, 2009 8:16 PM
  • Sparky-marky,

The diagnostic done at the web site is just reporting that your computer's XP installation is not activated.  The Validation check cannot run until XP is activated.

When you called, I think you got confused about what to do.  You want to try a Telephone Activation.

How to activate Windows XP by phone

To contact a Microsoft customer service representative to activate Windows by phone, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, point to Accessories, point to System Tools, and then click Activate Windows.

Or, click the Windows Activation icon in the notification area.
    2. Click Yes, I want to telephone a customer service representative to active Windows now.
    3. Click Read the Windows Product Activation Privacy Statement, click Back, and then click Next.
    4. Follow the steps in the Activate Windows by phone dialog box, and then click Next.

Note The number appears now and differs based on the location that you select.
    5. When activation is completed and you receive the following message, click OK.
      You have successfully activated your copy of Windows.

Since you are trying to activate an SLP instalaltion of XP, you will probably have to read the set of numbers presented by the activation wizard into the phone, and then will have to write down the response numbers given to you over the phone and then type them into the activation wizard's window.

The mgadiag report is showing that your computer has an SLP installation of XP Home Edition, and your BIOS marker string is showing that the computer was manufactured by C&C Inc.

If this is a legitimate SLP installation of XP Home, you most likely would have used a "Recovery CD" type of installation disc, or perhaps a recovery partition stored on the hard disk drive, to do your fresh installation of XP.

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:37 PM
  • hi i have phone and tryed activateing by phone it says error i did use recovery cd how do i remove this version off and reinstall it with another disk would i still be able to use my own key cheers
    Sunday, February 22, 2009 11:15 AM