Connector will not install,,,out of options RRS feed

• Question

• Originally, I installed the 120-day trial of WHS and added my Vista PC flawlessly.  Recently purchased the full server version and performed a full install.

However, when trying to run the Connector Setup off the DVD it gives me this "HTTP status 500:  An unexpected condition prevented the server from fulfilling the request."  I get this message on both my Vista x64 PC and Vista x32 laptop.  My PC can see the server and access all drives.  Also tried to navigate to and install Connector from the server.  When I run the "setup.exe" it just flashes and does nothing at all.

I have checked to make sure ports are open, antivirus/firewalls are uninstalled, uninstalled .net framework, etc.

Does anyone have any ideas?  My PC skills are high but network/server setup knowledge are limited.  
    Friday, December 26, 2008 9:48 PM

Answers

• It seems a re-install of the server did the trick.  Not sure what happened, but glad it's now fixed.
    • Marked as answer by CCallahan Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:07 AM
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:06 AM

All replies

• Please visit http://server:55000 (replacing "server" with the name you gave your server) and see if you can install the connector from there. If you can't (you get the same error) then have you made any changes to your server's configuration other than via the WHS console?
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Friday, December 26, 2008 10:40 PM
  • Thanks for the response.

The link is not working properly.  Since the original install of the server software I have not changed any settings.  I am really confused on how the trial version installed so easy and the regular will not.

Friday, December 26, 2008 11:18 PM
  • Just for kicks.....I'm currently re-installing the server (new) and will try the Connector software before downloading any updates, installing programs, etc.  If that doesn't work than I am really at a loss because WHS asks for no input during install except that the drives are found.
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 12:06 AM
  • It seems a re-install of the server did the trick.  Not sure what happened, but glad it's now fixed.
    • Marked as answer by CCallahan Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:07 AM
    Saturday, December 27, 2008 1:06 AM