Cisco VPN will not connect RRS feed

• Question

• I have just recently installed WHS Connection Software on my desktop computer and now the Cisco VPN Client does not work.  The software was working fine before installation but now I can not establish a connection.  Anybody else have a similar problem?
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:00 PM

Answers

• So I was able to get it to work after uninstalling the VPN Client, Rebooting, and then Re-installing the VPN Client.

I am running 4.8.01

Although it works, I have found another problem.  When I have the VPN client connected I get a messege from WHS saying it does not recogize the "user name"  I am not able to connect to the WHS interface or shared folders until I disconnect the VPN client.  This is not a big problem but a bit of a pain.

Friday, March 16, 2007 1:22 AM

All replies

• What happens when you uninstall the connector?
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 9:59 PM
  • What version of the VPN client are you running?

I currently have the WHS connector software installed on my laptop and have not had any problems with Cisco VPN client (I am running version 5.0.00.0090) on Vista Home. Both the Cisco and WHS Connector are running flawlessly.
    Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:54 PM
  • So I was able to get it to work after uninstalling the VPN Client, Rebooting, and then Re-installing the VPN Client.

I am running 4.8.01

Although it works, I have found another problem.  When I have the VPN client connected I get a messege from WHS saying it does not recogize the "user name"  I am not able to connect to the WHS interface or shared folders until I disconnect the VPN client.  This is not a big problem but a bit of a pain.

Friday, March 16, 2007 1:22 AM
  • I've got kinda a screwy configuration, but I my older version of Cisco VPN 4.0.5(b) works.  I'm running XP Media Center Version.  FWIW, I remember when I was trying out a beta version vista, I couldn't get the Cisco VPN to work.
    Friday, March 16, 2007 1:28 AM
  •  builtbikes wrote:

So I was able to get it to work after uninstalling the VPN Client, Rebooting, and then Re-installing the VPN Client.

I am running 4.8.01

Although it works, I have found another problem. When I have the VPN client connected I get a messege from WHS saying it does not recogize the "user name" I am not able to connect to the WHS interface or shared folders until I disconnect the VPN client. This is not a big problem but a bit of a pain.

Hmmm...I am not sure if I tried to log into WHS while connected through the Cisco VPN... I will try this when I get home and post my findings...

MonroeCheesememan wrote:
    I've got kinda a screwy configuration, but I my older version of Cisco VPN 4.0.5(b) works. I'm running XP Media Center Version. FWIW, I remember when I was trying out a beta version vista, I couldn't get the Cisco VPN to work.

The older versions of Cisco VPN do not do well on Vista - that is actually the reason I switched to version 5.0.00.0090 (which may still be a beta version - don't remember - but it works very well).
    Friday, March 16, 2007 2:02 AM