how to send email activity from C#? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I need one help!

I have the code below to create an email activity in CRM 2011 but i dont know how to send it immediately as it is created.

ClientCredentials Credentials = new ClientCredentials();
            Credentials.Windows.ClientCredential = CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials;

//This URL needs to be updated to match the servername and Organization for the environment.

Uri OrganizationUri = new Uri("http://ftssqa/FastTrack/XRMServices/2011/Organization.svc");
            Uri HomeRealmUri = null;

//OrganizationServiceProxy serviceProxy;       

using (OrganizationServiceProxy serviceProxy = new OrganizationServiceProxy(OrganizationUri, HomeRealmUri, Credentials, null))
            {
                IOrganizationService service = (IOrganizationService)serviceProxy;

//Instantiate the contact object and populate the attributes.
                Entity emailCreate = new Entity("email");
                emailCreate["subject"] = "test subject";
                emailCreate["description"] = " test description";

Entity ap = new Entity();
                Entity ap2 = new Entity();

//You can comment out the line for addressused and use the partid instead to use an entity reference for an activity party
                //I just wanted to show how you can specify an email address for an email as an activity party without an entity to go with it.
                ap = new Entity("activityparty");
                //ap["partyid"] = new EntityReference("systemuser", new Guid("CE08EE7F-4F36-E111-B6F6-0050569838D6"));
                ap["addressused"] = "dhaval.panchal@fasttrackteam.com";
                Entity[] aryTo = { ap };
                emailCreate["to"] = aryTo;

ap2 = new Entity("activityparty");
                ap2["partyid"] = new EntityReference("systemuser", new Guid("5ACD43CE-4C09-E211-8627-E06995886FCB"));
                Entity[] aryFrom = { ap2 };
                emailCreate["from"] = aryFrom;

// This is how you assign an a reguarding object
                emailCreate["regardingobjectid"] = new EntityReference("account", new Guid("4AFAE8DB-FB11-E211-8655-E06995886FCB"));

Guid newContactId = service.Create(emailCreate);

//This code will clear the textboxes after the contact is created.
            }

Any suggestion? Also i need to get all email activities send/receive times with subject from CRM.

Please share your idea and would be appreciated!

Thank You in Advance.

Dhaval Panchal

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 11:13 AM

Answers

All replies