How do i save the finished image RRS feed

• Question

• Like this but how do i save the image...tried export to disk keeps telling me it cannot export? tried it as Tiff/jpeg no joy?
    Friday, May 4, 2012 6:35 PM

All replies

• No replies....shame i may have to buy Autopan after all.

It is at the stage were you can save your work isnt it?

belaybob

Sunday, May 6, 2012 8:33 AM
  • This is a forum, so sometimes there is not everybody only to answer everybodies question, sorry for that. Regarding your problem, I cannot give you a hint without information. If you have a problem please remember without giving a specific error message or a detailed description otherwise mostly nobody can help. This is not ment offensive, but just saying "It does not work" is not very helpful if you want to have a solution :)

If I am just guessing it could be that your panorama is exceeding your RAM and/or disk space. This means you could try to export it in smaller size. In this case you might run into problem with other stitchers as well, hence you always need a lot of RAM .

Sunday, May 6, 2012 2:23 PM
  • Thanks rj_designs

Yes it looks as though it is a memory problem and i think its RAM as i tried saving it to an external HD with massive space available...message reads

Ran out of memory 0x8007000E

i didnt consider RAM as iam trying out a trial version of another stitch software and it saved the same files/pano no problem?

Iam using windows Vista could anyone possibly tell me the steps to align more RAM to ICE please?

Kind regards

Shaun

belaybob

Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:16 PM
  • The only known out-of-memory issue is 4th bullet in the known issues list: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ice/thread/973b5e3c-fcba-4cf9-b925-a8f7efc2b80d

Does this describe your situation?

Sunday, May 6, 2012 6:30 PM
  • Hi Matt

yep thats the one

ICE reports "E_OUTOFMEMORY: Ran out of memory. (Error code 0x8007000E ...".
    For input image sets with a large number of source images (typically 50 or more) there is one step in ICE that requires a large memory allocation.  In some cases, the 32-bit version of ICE may report this error when trying to allocate the required memory.  This happens at 40% in Export to Photosynth or at 50.4% progress in Export to a flat file.  There is no good work-around other than to use 64-bit ICE on 64-bit Windows.

Iam trying to save a 10 file stitch  shot in RAW from a 18 meg camera, ive got 4GB RAM  processing and RAM give a base score of 4.8.....iam not technical at all but does this mean it might not be RAM parse??

Shaun

belaybob

Sunday, May 6, 2012 7:08 PM
  • As you use the image format RAW and the images are made with an 18 Megapixel camera it will be about the RAM.

My idea would be to convert them into .jpg before stitching and maybe resize them as well. This would reduce the amount of RAM needed.
    I know this is a little inconvenient, but it is the only thing I could think of as work-around.

Still that bug is weird, because I used ICE 2 years ago on a 32-bit System with 4Gb and it was able to handle up to 80 images (2Mb size).

Monday, May 7, 2012 2:54 PM
  • Thanks ill give that a go

shaun

belaybob

Monday, May 7, 2012 8:34 PM