none
Reporting in Project 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using Project Server 2013 and Project Professional 2013.

I'm trying to generate reports showing details of a collection of projects. I'm using master project plans with subprojects. My reports needs to display information about tasks from all the sub projects.

I think there are a couple of options here:

1. Excel's PowerPivot

2. Project 2013 's custom reporting

Option 1

When I tried PowerPivot I found that it's not possible to add text fields to the Value section of the PowerPivot configurations (It's only possible to use the Count function. Sum, Max, etc simply don't work for text fields). 

The only way I found that I can get the data that I want is by adding the text fields to the powerpivot rows. But that doesn't make my report look very nice.

The alternative is to concat all the text fields into a single calculated field my text fields and add this calculated field to the rows. But that means that I haven't got much choice in the order of the fields (all text fields appear on the left hand side of the report).

Then I tried option 2 

Luckily I'm using sub projects and generating a report across all the subprojects should be easy I thought.

The problem I'm running into is that Enterprise custom fields aren't available for reporting. Did I do anything wrong? Is there a way to make the Enterprise columns available?

Friday, September 6, 2013 10:16 AM

Answers

All replies