No field options are showing up in Server Explorer in VS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm using VS 2012 to work on an an application that uses a SQL Server Express DB file. In Server Explorer, if I expand the tables node, my tables are there. If I right click on a table, no "Add new table" or "Show table data", etc. are there. All that is on the context menu are Copy, Refresh, and Properties.

I've tried refreshing the database, refreshing the table, modify connection, close connection and remaking it, and still can't get the full context menu to come up. What am I missing?

I do not have SQL Server. I'm doing this in VS 2012.

Thanks, Ralph 

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 4:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Ralph,

I cannot reproduce this issue during my test and it doesn’t look like related to SQL Server though. Since the issue is more related to Visual Studio itself, I’d suggest you post it in Visual Studio forum for better response.

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Regards,
    Lin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 10:00 AM