none
Problems signing in to Hotmail, no response from password reset procedure 3 days later

Question

• This past Sunday I changed that password to my hotmail account due to a possible breach in security with my facebook account.  On Monday I tried to log into my hotmail account again and apparently I did not remember my new password correctly and was unable to access my account.  I have had my hotmail account for over ten years and do not remember the answer to my security question nor am I aware of any alternate e-mail accounts that I have linked with my hotmail to recover the password with.  I proceeded to go through the account verification process to get hotmail to reset my password.  I received a confirmation e-mail in another account of this with a link to a private forum for me to access regarding this issue.  The e-mail stated that I should get a password reset within 24 hours or look for further information in the private forum.  It has been about 48 hours and I have not received a password reset or anything in the private forum.

Does it typically take this long to get an account verified and a password reset?  Is there anything that I can do to speed up recovery of this account?  I provided some pretty specific information regarding the account and some of my contacts and unique messages and attachments that only the account holder would know.  Any help from other users or moderations is greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010 11:18 PM

All replies

• This is the Windows Live Writer Forum; for topics pertaining to 'Windows Live Writer'. This forum is meant to be a resource for those who are looking for more information about Writer or want to start a discussion with the Writer team and other people using Writer.

Perhaps you should be submitting your questions here:

HOTMAIL
         http://www.windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1

LIVE MAIL
         http://www.windowslivehelp.com/product.aspx?productid=15

Until next time, Larry Henry Jr.
    Saturday, October 9, 2010 8:48 PM