Windows One Care Refuses to Acknowledge Thumb Drive RRS feed

• Question

• I have a Sandisk thumbdrive inserted, and I can access the contents of that drive in Windows Explorer. But Onecare keeps saying that drive is not attached. I tried rebooting and don't know what to do now.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 7:08 PM

Answers

•  

Tommy555,

Thank you for contacting the Live OneCare program forum. OneCare requires backup devices to be 8 gigabytes of free space and set into the NTFS disk format. Your system may or may not be able to backup to the device you are using if you are outside of those parameters.

Thank you for contacting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Friday, September 12, 2008 10:52 PM

All replies

• Did you use this drive for backup previously? Has the drive letter assignment changed? Did you plug the drive into a different USB port from when it was used for backup? Is the drive perhaps short on space needed for backup? Using a flash based device for backup, while supported, is not a good idea unless your backup plan is for a very limited backup or you'll be sure to run out of space very quickly on the device.

-steve

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 2:59 PM
  •  

Tommy555,

Thank you for contacting the Live OneCare program forum. OneCare requires backup devices to be 8 gigabytes of free space and set into the NTFS disk format. Your system may or may not be able to backup to the device you are using if you are outside of those parameters.

Thank you for contacting the Live OneCare program forum.

Rick, MS

Friday, September 12, 2008 10:52 PM