SharePoint 2010+EPM2010 sync Exchange 2007R2 RRS feed

• Question

• HI I ve huge problem with sync between EPM on SharePoint and Exchange i try sync tasks from EPM to Outlook (by Exchange) and this is easy but a cant sync the same tasks from Outlook to EPM. Sometimes its work sometimes not. Any idea??
    • Moved by Anjali Ch -MSFT Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:56 PM Moving to Project Server (From:SharePoint 2010 - General Questions and Answers)
    Monday, April 18, 2011 5:29 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the details. This is absolutely an environment issue.

Ensure that there is no firewall restriction between Exchange server and Project Server. If possible use some third party tool to monitor the packets between these two servers.

Double check the Admin account added in the Project server. (It should be the exchange server computer account with '$' with administrator permissions)

Otherwise exchange server can reach Project server and could not be able to notify the Project instance.

Did you get a chance to analyse the Exchange server Logs?

Cheers. Happy troubleshooting !!! Sriram E - MSFT Enterprise Project Management
    Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:43 AM

All replies

• This issue appears to be using functionality of Project Server 2010. You can use the following MSDN blog article for potential suggestion in resolving your issue: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project/archive/2009/12/11/project-2010-exchange-integration.aspx

If the above article does not help, I am recommending that you check in with the Project Server 2010 section of our forums for assistance with the EPM portion of this problem.

Thanks

Manas

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 3:59 PM
  • When the resources submitted actual work, the exchange server should notify project server to fetch it. In your case, exchange server is not sending notification.

Workaround: If you publish any project, it will initiate a exchange sync job which will fetch the updates for all the projects.

To fix the issue, check the following

Ensure the CAS servers are able to access Project Server (Ping)

Ensure Project server has user account for CAS servers with administrator permissions (Domain\exchangeserver$)

If you have multiple CAS servers, we need to create the accoun for each server in project server

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 8:15 PM
  • When i published manually project sync work and all changes up to EPM but i need immediate synchronization without manually run published job :/

Ensure the CAS servers are able to access Project Server (Ping) - have access

Ensure Project server has user account for CAS servers with administrator permissions (Domain\exchangeserver$) - configured correctly

and i dont have multiple CAS server

any other ideas ? pls help i need this funcionality ASAP :/

Monday, May 2, 2011 9:53 AM
  • Thanks for the details. This is absolutely an environment issue.

Ensure that there is no firewall restriction between Exchange server and Project Server. If possible use some third party tool to monitor the packets between these two servers.

Double check the Admin account added in the Project server. (It should be the exchange server computer account with '$' with administrator permissions)

Otherwise exchange server can reach Project server and could not be able to notify the Project instance.

Did you get a chance to analyse the Exchange server Logs?

Tuesday, May 3, 2011 4:43 AM