Home server rempte acces? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi to you all.

I have moved my server to Windows 10 and want to resurrect my remote access which I had when running the WHS (2011).   I have managed to setup a temporary webpage which works fine so internet access is there and working, but what I do not seem to have is a copy of the original Webpage file that came with WHS.  Is there anyone still using this system that could package these files for me and email then so I can use then again on Windows 10 system.

I still have the Domain name pcpete.homeserver.com and just need to few files to get me back up and running again.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks if you can help

Peter

email : pcpete(at)pcpeteuk.com

Peyia1 ID

Friday, October 28, 2016 10:06 AM

All replies

• Easier to set up a VPN Server on your W10 machine - it natively supports PPTP. If you want to access it wit an iOS 10 Apple device try out OpenVPN (often built into routers so you don't need it on your server).

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, October 29, 2016 12:21 AM
  • Hi Phil.

Please read my request again,  I do not want to setup a VPN, I already have internet access , what I am after is a copy of the original webpage that came with the WHS 2011.

I can than modify it to use on my Windows 10 Server!!

Don't need a VPN.

cheers

Peyia1 ID

Saturday, November 12, 2016 3:51 PM
  • I saw what you asked but suggested an alternative as that's what I do with my W10 Server.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:46 PM