Cant access WHS connector page in any browser, to install whs connector on networked computers. RRS feed

• Question

• No Computer on the network can access the software download page from my whs 2011 server that will allow it to download the connector software, all I get is a cannot connect website error. I can see the server on the network, I can connect to the server via remote desktop, and access shared folders.

I did turn off the backup service, in order to stop the computer from trying to back things up while I was setting up the raid 5 array, but I did turn it back on. I also noticed that when I open explorer, browse under network, click on the server under other devices, and click on view this devices webpage, the address that pops up in my browser is "http://[fe80::19d5:1ab6:2890:1e36]/Connect?" it obviously doesn't connect, but shouldn't it be directing me to "http://server/connect"? Why am I being directed to there? Is that even a legitimate address?

Thursday, January 19, 2012 4:49 AM

All replies

• That's an IPv6 address. Have you tried using the IPv4 address?

This seems like it might be a DNS issue.

qts
    Thursday, January 19, 2012 12:45 PM
  • That's an IPv6 address. Have you tried using the IPv4 address?

This seems like it might be a DNS issue.

qts

I tried IPv4 no dice, I should have mentioned on a previous install I had no issues accessing the page, so I don't think it is a dns issue, because it did work before and I have not made any changes on my router...is there anything else that might be causing this?

EDIT: is there anyway to put the software for the connector on to a usb stick and install it manually? I want to see if I could even get the software to install.

Thursday, January 19, 2012 7:00 PM
  • Got too frustrated, ended up re installing the OS and it seems to be working now.I must have screwed something up when I turned off the backup service temporarily.
    Friday, January 20, 2012 1:46 AM