exchucutil.ps1 script fails, get-ucpool.ps1 cannot access the pool information in AD RRS feed

• Question

• When we run exchucutil.ps1 on our Exchange UM machine we recieve the following error:

[PS] C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts>exchucutil.ps1

Using Global Catalog: GC://DC=root

Failed to read Communications Server 2007 pool objects. Please verify Communications Server 2007 is deployed in this Active Directory forest and you are a member of the RTCUniversalServerReadOnlyGroup group or have sufficient privilege to read from this Active Directory container. Additional information follows: Could not find group RTCUniversalServerAdmin

Digging into the script I found it runs get-ucpool.ps1 which returns an object with all the pool AD information.  Running this script on its own yeilds the following:

[PS] C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts>get-ucpool.ps1

Using Global Catalog: GC://DC=root

Could not find group RTCUniversalServerAdmins

At C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts\Get-UCPool.ps1:220 char:8

+         throw  <<<< [System.String]::Format($RTCGroupNotFoundError, $groupName);

I've read some other posts where people had success editing the first script so that it calls get-ucpool.ps1 without a .\  This change has not helped and I doubt the answer lies in the script itself because get-ucpool.ps1 fails on its own.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Friday, February 15, 2008 2:12 PM