Problem after 2.0 update, ARGH! WLOC login will not allow me to change ID RRS feed

• Question

• While I was playing a game earlier today, WLOC suddenly decides to update itself! Aftwards, it said I had to reboot, but I was in the middle of an online game, so selected to do it later. WHEN I rebooted, I now no longer have all the options to change the settings. The regular Windows Vista Firewall is activated, but not the WLOC one. I have no control over anything but the barest items. I notice there is now a new setting for setting "circles", and as this is my one and ONLY PC, there are no other computers to add. So I try to set this as "make this PC as a hub", and I get the WLOC sign on screen - but it had an ancient E-Mail address as the login ID. It will not let me change it, and none of my passwords I have used before will work!!!!

I click on "forgot my password", and it takes me to Windows Live to reset my PW. But, Windows Live already recognizes my current E-Mail address, and even though I changed the PW there, it will NOT work back in the WLOC login screen!!! And yet again, I can not change my login ID in this screen. I have looked at some of the info about uninstalling, then reinstalling - but it says you need the ORIGINAL ID and PW to activate it - but that is now impossible!!!!

I am a paid subscriber, but am really getting quite frustrated with this!!!!!!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:05 PM

Answers