Installed Windows 7 Home Premium on 3 machines and now cannot connect to our Windows Home Server RRS feed

• Question

• We upgraded two computers from Windows Vista to Windows 7. We also bought a new desktop with windows 7. We went to try to click to access the files on the windows home server we have and it says it cannot connect. Before with vista it would prompt us to put in a user name and password. At this time we do not get that option and so we even tried making the users on the computer the same as the users on the windows home server so they were identical. Again, still cannot connect at all to the windows home server. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? This is ridiculous that Windows would sell a server side software that is not able to communicate with their own brand new client based software (windows 7).

Windows 7 should easily allow for the same connection to Windows Home Server as Vista.. But apparently it does not because it never prompts us to put a log in into it to connect to it. It obviously does not allow anyone to get into it so I am not sitting here not knowing what to do or how to go about fixing this issue. Does anyone know? Please help!
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 10:52 PM

All replies

• We upgraded two computers from Windows Vista to Windows 7. We also bought a new desktop with windows 7. We went to try to click to access the files on the windows home server we have and it says it cannot connect. Before with vista it would prompt us to put in a user name and password. At this time we do not get that option and so we even tried making the users on the computer the same as the users on the windows home server so they were identical. Again, still cannot connect at all to the windows home server. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this issue? This is ridiculous that Windows would sell a server side software that is not able to communicate with their own brand new client based software (windows 7).

Yes, it does.  It works fine with 7.

Windows 7 should easily allow for the same connection to Windows Home Server as Vista.. But apparently it does not because it never prompts us to put a log in into it to connect to it. It obviously does not allow anyone to get into it so I am not sitting here not knowing what to do or how to go about fixing this issue. Does anyone know? Please help!
    Are you getting any kind of error message when you try to open the shares?  If so, exactly what does it say?  Can you successfully ping your server, both by name and by IP address from your clients?
    Thursday, February 25, 2010 11:54 PM