UR2 - ProductInfo.ExistingLanguage is not available RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Am getting the above error on clients when trying to install UR2 for Outlook. It's happened on about 2 clients out of about 20.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to fix this or should I be opening a support ticket with Microsoft?

Cheers

Josh
    Monday, May 11, 2009 3:09 AM

Answers

• Just for anyone else having this problem :-

This can happen with users that have previously had the CRM 3.0 Outlook client installed.

The fix :-  Delete everything under their local profile eg. C:\Documents and Settings\User etc etc....

The update will then install.
    • Marked as answer by Josh Ashwood Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:59 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:59 AM

All replies

• Hi Josh,

you have the right language from UR2 for this clients? The UR2 is for a spezific language. When you installed the client in eglish, you need the UR2 in english.

Viele Grüße Michael Sulz axcentro GmbH
    Monday, May 11, 2009 5:59 AM
  • Hey Michael

Thanks for your reply - I'm positive it's the right language and its worked on about 18 machines out of 20. (It's just 1033 US English).

I'm stumped... the CRM instance here has been upgraded all the way from 1.2 to 3 and now to 4, and we've seen legacy data issues before causing problems.. but I can't be sure...

I know this problem has been reported before but I've searched high and low for a solution but found none.

Cheers
    Monday, May 11, 2009 6:18 AM
  • Just for anyone else having this problem :-

This can happen with users that have previously had the CRM 3.0 Outlook client installed.

The fix :-  Delete everything under their local profile eg. C:\Documents and Settings\User etc etc....

The update will then install.
    • Marked as answer by Josh Ashwood Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:59 AM
    Tuesday, June 23, 2009 6:59 AM