none
Azure REST API Test Results creates two TestCaseResult documents instead of one. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everybody,

I'm trying to create a TestRun and related TestCaseResult for an existing TestCase in Azure Test Plan/Suite.

I make one call after a test method finishes with valid outcome and results status. The API call works and completes successfully, but instead of one TestCaseResult document API creates two: one that is expected with id 100001 and another with id 100000 that includes some "default" informationreferring to the same plan is, suite id, case id, configuration id. Differences include: state (Pending instead of Completed), missing outcome, priority (2 ), totalCaseRevision (3), and testCaseReferenceId.

(Note that all test documents are linked correctly after the Api call - one can reach results from Test Runs and Test Plan).

Also the API call fails when I set state to Completed for the new TestRun doc , only InProgress works. Have suspicion that this could be a side effect of the two TestCaseResult docs when one is in the Pending state. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Not sure at this point what additional info I need to provide.

Thank you

-Greg

Monday, March 30, 2020 8:24 PM

Answers

• Hello Phinick,

Are you using Azure API Management in this scenario? Looks Like you are using Azure DevOps to run your Test Plans. Please post your query to Azure Devops forum to get answer from the community experts.

Tuesday, March 31, 2020 5:18 AM

All replies