Conflict Resolution and ClientId RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, first and foremost, I am new to OCA's and the sync framework! I am developing a test app in WPF and WCF. I am using SQL Ce as the client database and syncronization flows through the WCF service. This all works as it should. What I would like to know is:

1) Is there a way for me to create a client id (on the client and persist it through out the application session) and use this to track which client initiated the sync that made the database change?

2) Is there a way for me to get a list of changes made (associated with the above client id) on the service side (server)?

3)Is there a way to get the client id when handling conflicts?

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by lmod Saturday, October 3, 2009 2:16 AM additional info
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 11:11 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Saturday, October 3, 2009 2:15 AM

Answers

• is there any particular reason you will need to create the ID for the clients ? the clientID normally will be managed by the providers.

you can call the GetChanges() on the provider to see the changes made locally that will be sync in the next sync.

you need to hook to the applyChangeFailed event to handle conflicts, in this event, the syncsession is exposed as the event args, you can check the clientID from the syncSession object.

hope this helps.

thanks
    Yunwen
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 7:38 AM