SD card can't be hot-pluged on Win10 with Bay Trail CPU(E3800) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi sir,

I try to hot-plug the SD card on Win10 with Bay Trail CPU(E3800) and the system can't detect the SD card.
    If the SD card inserted on device and restart the computer, it can be detected, but hot-pluged will fail.
    If the SD card doesn't insert on device and restart, the SD card can't be detected when I insert the SD to device.
    I also try to enable/disable the SD Host Controller or rescan device on device manager. This step can help to detected SD card.

My SD card brands are Innodisk, Kingston and SanDisk. All of the sd can't using hot-plug function.

All of the Windows Update have been installed.

There are 5 case I had tested:

1. E3800 with Win7 Embedded -> OK, hot-plug is working properly.
    2. E3800 with Win7 Pro -> OK, hot-plug is working properly.
    3. E3800 with Win8.1 Pro -> OK, hot-plug is working properly.
    4. E3800 with Win10 LTSB 2016 -> Fail
    5. E3800 with Win10 Pro -> Fail

In addition, I try to copy the Win8.1 Pro SD card driver to replace Win10 SD card driver. After replace the drivers, SD card can hot-plug on Win10.
    Here are the drivers I replaced:
    - dumpsd.sys (6.3.9600.16384) replace dumpsd.sys (10.0.14393.1358)
    - sdbus.sys (6.3.9600.16384)  replace sdbus.sys (10.0.14393.1358)

Did you have any hot-fix file to fix this issues?

• Moved by Hart Wang Monday, March 19, 2018 2:03 AM
    Thursday, March 15, 2018 3:19 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

According to the description, the issue seems to be a bug on windows 10. you can post the issue on here.

As end user, I cannot provide these SD card driver.  Based on my search, I find the article SD Card Reader not working in Windows 10 .

Best Regards,

Hart

Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:30 AM