Project restriction to project owners on project server 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• how can i achieve the project restriction for projects to only their own projects on Project server 2010?

which category can i use? as opposed to project server 2007,project server 2010 does not have the myprojects category and my own projects category.

i have tried using the my projects category but its not functioning as expected?

Friday, October 8, 2010 9:38 AM

Answers

• Hi,

This should work just out of the box.  Have you implemented the RBS - the PM group is associated with the My Organisation category, which includes All Current and future projects...  It might be worth removing the PM<->My Organisation relationship.

When you say restrict, do you mean restrict the view (so the project is not seen), restrict opening in MSProject, restrict saving from MS Project.

Ben Howard [MVP] http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/
    Friday, October 8, 2010 10:05 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This should work just out of the box.  Have you implemented the RBS - the PM group is associated with the My Organisation category, which includes All Current and future projects...  It might be worth removing the PM<->My Organisation relationship.

When you say restrict, do you mean restrict the view (so the project is not seen), restrict opening in MSProject, restrict saving from MS Project.

Ben Howard [MVP] http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/
    Friday, October 8, 2010 10:05 AM
  • tanx for the response

the scenario is such that i have 2 sets of projects( master and sub-project)

i want the master project owner to see all the sub-projects(owned by different project managers) on Project centre.have all permissions on his master but limited permission on the sub-projects

i want owners of the sub-projects to only see their own projects and have all permissions on them on the project centre and see only project site for the master project

Friday, October 8, 2010 11:11 AM