none
Handling multiple SIP peers RRS feed

• Question

•  

Hi all,

Need some clarification on how to handle multiple SIP peers with OCS 07:

We have incoming PSTN calls routed to OCS SS'07 box through SIP gateway (sip peer1); and would like to transfer calls from OCS SS'07 hosted VXML app to another box over SIP (sip peer2).

On the transfer, I can only specify the destination number and the SIP URI is constructed by OCS during the transfer. How to ensure it will always route traffic to sip peer2? When I specify a valid SIP URI, I get error from SS'07 saying it is not an accepted format.

Thanks for your feedback.

Ashish.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 3:43 PM

Answers

• The transfer must go back to the originating Sip Peer.

I see a few options:

1. If your gateway supports it, you can specify a dial plan which is directed to the 2nd peer. This does not involve the PSTN.
    2. If your gateway supports it, you can direct calls to a specific DNIS to the 2nd peer. This is the regular PSTN transfer.
    3. Use a 2nd gateway and telephone number.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:18 PM

All replies

• Does this thread answer your question?

http://forums.microsoft.com/OCS2007/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2112232&SiteID=57

It's really about tranfering in managed code but does explain some how the sip peer is chosen.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007 9:38 PM
  • No, it does not.

As you said, it is concerning managed code scenario. Unfortunately, In the VXML code I do not have a way to specify which "host.com" address to choose (as far as I know). and hence my original post requesting more detail on how can I do this....

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:24 PM
  • The transfer must go back to the originating Sip Peer.

I see a few options:

1. If your gateway supports it, you can specify a dial plan which is directed to the 2nd peer. This does not involve the PSTN.
    2. If your gateway supports it, you can direct calls to a specific DNIS to the 2nd peer. This is the regular PSTN transfer.
    3. Use a 2nd gateway and telephone number.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 11:18 PM
  • Ouch...that's really a huge limitation.

All the options you are suggesting will cause the port usage per call on the gateways to double. Clearly, not the best option.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 7:41 PM