genuine article? RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right forum....I bought Office Pro 2010 in 2011 and installed on Windows 7 32 bit , all was well and verified. This week I do a clean upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit, install Office and it wont verify over the internet, so I speak to an Indian Lady(I think-strong accent) and give her all the details , and all I get is that I have a fake copy and to report it.

The hologrammed disc came in a curved box and case embossed with Microsoft the product key worked, validation didn't.

So I download the VMAT and it says I have a genuine retail copy but it wont validate from there either. It says the number is blocked .????

Any ideas to solve this without heaps of drama would be great

Thursday, November 14, 2013 12:45 PM

Answers

• I'd suspect that it is an illegal copy of Office 2010. Between the time you bought it and the time you reinstalled it, Microsoft recognized and blocked that illegal copy of Office.

In the meantime, you might be able to rearm it every thirty (30) days up to six (6) months by using this command:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\microsoft shared\OfficeSoftwareProtectionPlatform\ospprearm.exe"

This doesn't register it but instead keeps it in a usable state.

Alternately, you should buy a new copy of Office 2013 from a reputable dealer or buy a new Office 2010 Pro key via phone or online.

Sorry to hear about it. The pirates are getting better at making packaging that looks authentic.

Good luck!

Best wishes, Davin Mickelson

Thursday, November 14, 2013 5:13 PM
    Answerer