Firewall is running, but can't configure RRS feed

• Question

• Onecare won't allow me to turn off or change any of the firewall settings.  I've made sure I was logged in as administrator, but no luck.  The message I get is "OneCare can't change your firewall settings at this time.  Please try again later or restart the computer.  If the problem persists, contact OneCare support.  I'm running Vista and trying to add a program.
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:25 AM

Answers

•  Shacky5 wrote:
    I tried to run the repair patch, but I get an error message that says I need to have administrator privileges.  Is there another verification or log in that I have to perform?

If you are using XP, you must be logged on as a User with administrator privileges to run the tool. On Vista, the instructions are as follows:

Windows Vista

1. Download and save the OneCareFirewallRepair tool to a location on your machine (such as on your desktop).
    2. Right-click the file, then click Run as administrator.
    3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide permission to continue.
    4. Click Continue to continue within the tool.
    5. Read the End-User Licensing Agreement (EULA). If you agree to and accept the terms, select the “I accept the terms of the End-User Licensing Agreement” radio button, then click Continue.
    6. Click Repair to begin the repair process.
    7. Wait for the repair tool to run to completion (the progress bar should be completely filled and the tool should report that it has completed).
    8. Be sure to save and close any open applications, then click Restart Now to restart your computer.
    9. The repair is now complete.

If you are unable to run the tool, please contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:55 AM

All replies

• See if the firewall repair tool helps - 

Firewall repair tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2468376&SiteID=2

If not, please contact support - 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:39 AM
  • I tried to run the repair patch, but I get an error message that says I need to have administrator privileges.  Is there another verification or log in that I have to perform?

Wednesday, February 6, 2008 2:30 AM
  •  Shacky5 wrote:
    I tried to run the repair patch, but I get an error message that says I need to have administrator privileges.  Is there another verification or log in that I have to perform?

If you are using XP, you must be logged on as a User with administrator privileges to run the tool. On Vista, the instructions are as follows:

Windows Vista

1. Download and save the OneCareFirewallRepair tool to a location on your machine (such as on your desktop).
    2. Right-click the file, then click Run as administrator.
    3. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide permission to continue.
    4. Click Continue to continue within the tool.
    5. Read the End-User Licensing Agreement (EULA). If you agree to and accept the terms, select the “I accept the terms of the End-User Licensing Agreement” radio button, then click Continue.
    6. Click Repair to begin the repair process.
    7. Wait for the repair tool to run to completion (the progress bar should be completely filled and the tool should report that it has completed).
    8. Be sure to save and close any open applications, then click Restart Now to restart your computer.
    9. The repair is now complete.

If you are unable to run the tool, please contact support -

-steve
    Thursday, February 7, 2008 1:55 AM