Can not sign in to Money 2002 RRS feed

• Question

• I am using Money 2002 standerd.  Have windows live. It changed my pass word for  MSN an i thought it was to change Money pass word also. Not the case, tried old pass word no good tried all pass words i could think of. None of them worked. Can i remove Money and reinstall? OS Vista.

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:08 PM

All replies

• I am using Money 2002 standerd.  Have windows live. It changed my pass word for  MSN an i thought it was to change Money pass word also. Not the case, tried old pass word no good tried all pass words i could think of. None of them worked. Can i remove Money and reinstall? OS Vista.

Thanks in advance.

While you can remember the info, write down the credentials in effect when you were last into your Money file. You would not want to forget that info. Also make an extra copy of your current *.mny file and your latest *.mbf files onto other meda.

I am surprised that this happened. I would have expected you to continue to use the existing credentials in Money 2002. See what happens if you disconnect from the internet and try logging into Money offline... If this works that will be surprising but useful.

Should I presume your Microsoft Money is not from the US? That affects your options.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 4:21 PM
  • Cal disconnected i could log on. when i reconnected can not log back on. can i disconnect and change pas word?

Rich

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:05 PM
  • Cal disconnected i could log on. when i reconnected can not log back on. can i disconnect and change pas word?

You could try. I am pleasantly surprised to see that the ethernet disconecting helped. That action commonly helps with Money 2005 or later. So I would try removing your Money 2002 Passport right now at File-PasswordManager.

You still did not say if your Money version is from the US. That affects whether you could switch to Money Plus Sunset where you could remove that  Passport/LiveID. You might have to go thru an intermediate version to do that conversion. Money Plus Sunset is for US versions.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 7:29 PM
  • Cal   I have US version. reconnected to net while signed in off line.   Went to login lockbox. It says change passport.   1.go to passport.com to change details. Takes me to windows live ID to sign up. What I do not want.    2. Switch to a different passport.  Takes me to disable this passport for money. Then enter new passport for money. It is----@msn.com.Then it says  enter new pass word.  3. Disable money's passport features.  Then it says passport has an error try later.    Which one do you think is the best way to go?

Thanks Rich

Tuesday, February 1, 2011 9:09 PM