none
Is there a way in this forum to collapse the display so that only the subject and number of contributions or votes appear? RRS feed

• General discussion

• see subject -

reason being that it is hard to follow threads when only 4 or 5 appear on screen at any one time.

If I could see a full screens worth - 20 lines maybe - browsing through the posts would be much easier

regards

Guy

Guy

• Changed type Carl Cai Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:59 AM
    • Moved by Carl Cai Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:02 AM more related (Moved from VB)
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:34 AM

All replies

• Nope not possible. there are the some things that can help you though,

1. Alert me, this will notify you of new replies added to threads you are interested in

2. My Threads, overview of all the threads you participated in

3. Filter, you can filter which threads you want to see

Also you must use some low res setting if you only see 4 or 5 threads at a time

• Edited by Rbie Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:58 AM
    Tuesday, December 10, 2013 10:57 AM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have moved this tread in Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums forum.

Thanks again for your idea about improving functionality in these forums.

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 3:05 AM
  • I think you mean you only see 5 threads before you need to scroll. So do I.

My recollection is that in the previous forum design each thread took up 3 lines: the title, who posted and when (left justified), who made last reply and when (left justified). Now each thread takes up 6 lines: the title, breadcrumbs, 2 lines of the question, and 2 lines of a run on sentence with who posted and last replied and when. The breadcrumbs I dislike, but if you view more than one forum (I never do) you need this. I personally would rather not see the 2 lines of the question.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:19 PM
  • I agree. I also would like to have the description of the thread to be optional and not displayed but rather have more threads per view. I believe it's one of the suggestions in this TechNet Wiki article (which, I think, needs to be maintained)

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/17968.new-forums-design-suggestions-impressions-ideas.aspx

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 8:32 PM