Failure [0xC3EC79E8] RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm trying to get OCS Enterprise up and running in a consolidated toplogy. However, I am not able to get any services started on Step 8. The error is:

[0xC3EC79E8] One or more errors occured while starting services. Please see the individual service for more information.

Service Name: RTCSRV

Descriptive Name: Office Communications Server Front End

Failure [0XC3EC79E6] Service Failed to start as requested.

Basically, I wonder if I did not do the certificates correctly. Here is what I did:

1. I created a new certificate on OCS

2. I then assigned a certificate; just as mentioned in the Deployment Guide

3. I assigned the same certificate using IIS in the OCS to web components

I am using a virtual server for my OCS.

Thanks for any help.

Akshai

Monday, July 2, 2007 9:20 PM

Answers

• I was implementing OCS on vmware... may be that was the reason since it worked with the same steps on a physical machine.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 7:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I think I am fairly clear on the process now after reading one of Mike Adkins' earlier posts. I need to do one more step and that is to assign the  certificate manually to the IIS default website server. Is there any thing else - because I am still not able to start services.

Please help. 

Thanks,

Akshai

Tuesday, July 3, 2007 8:06 PM
  • Hi,

I completely re-installed my setup. I am now clear on the process of configuring certificates. Yet I still end up with this error. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Friday, July 6, 2007 10:45 PM
  • Can you run the validation wizard and post your results?
    Friday, July 13, 2007 10:25 PM
  • Friday, July 13, 2007 10:28 PM
  • I was implementing OCS on vmware... may be that was the reason since it worked with the same steps on a physical machine.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 7:21 PM
  • I had the same error, after getting OCS07 to install. However, a reboot (warm boot) of the Guest server with OCS07 on it, resolved the issue. I did not test to see of the service would manually restart with the unit running, but it did start with a unit start. The OCS07 interface comes up with no errors.

This is on Vmware Server 1.0.6, running 2 MS servers for the virtual LAN. The guest with OCS07 has W2K3 SP2, Exch 07 SP1, and OCS07.

Just an FYI.

Monday, July 7, 2008 1:07 PM