How to reset System Workflow CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Library Book Check-in Check-out System.

1.Develop a workflow that starts when a book is checked out and executes 10 days after. If the book is not checked in yet, it should send an e-mail to the contact who checked out the book and remind him to return the boow.

If someone returned the book and someone else checked out the book, the first person’s workflow will send a warning to the second person. Is that correct? If yes how can you fix it?

What is the solution of this problem...

I have attached my Worflow steps

Thanks in advance.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 2:26 PM

Answers

• You problem is the use of the If clause...

Instead of checking if the book is checked in on day 10.. You should add a "parallel wait branch" that closes the workflow WHEN the book is returned.

You do that by marking the Wait clause and click "add parallel wait branch".

Wait this will do is to EITHER send an email on day 10.. OR stop the workflow when the book is returned.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rob BoyersEditor Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:53 AM
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:08 PM

All replies

• Hi,

one solution would be to create your own custom workflow activity that deletes workflow jobs.

You would start your workflow when changes to the field "Check In/Out Status" are made. If the new status is "checked out", then you can execute the above workflow. If the status is "checked in" then you can delete the existing workflow job -the one that is not needed any more- using the custom workflow activity, so that no email will be sent.

Greetings,

Pavlos

Please mark this reply as an answer and vote it as helpful if it helps you find a resolution to your problem.
    View my latest gallery contribution here.
    Visit my blog here.

Saturday, October 13, 2012 6:42 PM
  • You problem is the use of the If clause...

Instead of checking if the book is checked in on day 10.. You should add a "parallel wait branch" that closes the workflow WHEN the book is returned.

You do that by marking the Wait clause and click "add parallel wait branch".

Wait this will do is to EITHER send an email on day 10.. OR stop the workflow when the book is returned.

Rune Daub Senior Consultant - Dynateam CRM http://www.xrmmanagement.com

• Proposed as answer by RuneDaub Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:08 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rob BoyersEditor Saturday, October 27, 2012 10:53 AM
    Saturday, October 13, 2012 7:08 PM