Custom Dialog Process Automatically Switch to Newly Created Record RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2013 On Premise

Hello,

I have a dialog process that walks a user through steps / biz rules and at the end either creates an order or a quote. I am using the "Create Record" dialog step. That all works well.

I then wanted to automatically take the user to the new record. This is still my preferred solution.

However when Googling for ideas / approaches to accomplishing this I came across:

1. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9aeb7f16-a766-425a-bcc9-b390d0103e90/display-the-link-to-newly-created-record-on-dialog?forum=crm
    2. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11316172/crm-2011-dialog-open-the-entity-created-in-a-dialog

This would be an acceptable solution....except it isn't working for me.

Let's work with the quote.

This dialog is launched from an opportunity. After the create record step where I create the new quote I inserted a new page called "Display Record Link". I insert a prompt and response. For the prompt I click insert hyperlink. For URL I first use the "Look For" drop down and select Create Quote (Quote)  which is the name of the create quote step. I then select Record-URL(Dynamic). This is concatenated into the url field as Create Quote(Quote)-{Record Url(Dynamic)}COOL? Not exactly. When I run through the dialog the quote does get created. The page does show with the hyperlink. Clicking on it does nothing though. Exploring the element with F-12 developer tools shows that..when you finally get through to the anchor tag that the url is #.

Well that explains why nothing happens when I click it but kinda disappointing as I was hoping this would be a solution and I could move on.

So if someone could explain why I am getting a # for my url or a way to automatically take the user to the newly created quote record.

Thank You

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 6:51 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This approach definitely works - and it sounds like you have the right idea. I have used it many times myself. Perhaps you hyperlink ins't formatted correctly. It should look something like:

<hyperlink><name>Display Text</name><value><slug type="dynamic" value="brc_agreement.CreateStep1.brc_agreement.!Process_Custom_Attribute_URL_"/></slugelement>">{Display TextCreate Quote(Quote)-{Record URL(Dynamic)}}</value></hyperlink>

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Friday, February 7, 2014 2:18 PM
    Answerer