One Care subscription RRS feed

• Question

• I received an email saying OneCare was ending, etc.  Then I get an email wanting me to renew my subscription.  I'm not planning on going to Windows 7 on the pcs currently under OneCare.  How long EXACTLY is OneCare going to continue (virus signature updates, etc.).  I have searched many places that indicate it will be continued "as long as the subscription is in effect".  So, can I renew my subscription an simply continue?  This is VERY confusing, particularly when I get an email from Microsoft today (03/28/2010) saying I CAN renew my subsription.  That would mean if I do---then I get another year of "coverage".  Someone make this clear please.

Monday, March 29, 2010 1:08 AM

Answers

• You cannot renew.

If you sbscription is not automatically extended by 6 months, once it expires, you will need to uninstall OneCare. According to a few posts here, subscriptions ending after the 14th of April are *not* being extended. All support for OneCare will cease by the end of 2010.

-steve

~ Microsoft MVP Windows Live ~ Windows Live OneCare| Live Mesh|MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator ~
    Monday, March 29, 2010 2:46 PM