How do I cope with Genuine advantage validation on a network? RRS feed

• Question

• I've just had the check validation screen pop-up on my home PC and I had to read this forum first to make sure it wasn't a virus. I'm a network manager and I suspect that first thing on Monday I'm go to be swamped with phone calls asking me if its OK to say continue to this pop-up box that's popped up on their screen. With 120 users and only me to look after them, I'm not looking forward to this. I use both WSUS and group policy -is there some way I can block this screen appearing on every PC through one of these? Has Microsoft given any thought as to what will happen on networks?
    Saturday, April 18, 2009 9:52 PM

Answers

• Hello Alan,

Are you using a Volume Licensing Key version of Windows XP? This should not be occurring.  Please contact your Technical Account Manager "TAM" or Vendor Account Manager "VAM" as they are geared at assisting you with this situation.

Thank you Alan,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    • Marked as answer by Stephen Holm Monday, April 20, 2009 9:18 PM
    Monday, April 20, 2009 9:16 PM