Unable to connect to WHS console through Remote Access RRS feed

• Question

• I have a very odd issue which I cannot figure out for the life of me.

Where is what I CAN do:

1. Connect to the WHS Console through the WHS Connector installed on all my PC.
    2. Connect to any PC through WHS Remote Access web
    3. Connect to the WHS using RDP Client from any PC on my network.
    4. Connect to the WHS Remote Access web from outside my network (using https://xxx.homeserver.com)

What I CANNOT do:

1. I cannot connect to the WHS Console through WHS Remote Access web, either externally or from any PC on my network.

I have searched and searched and cannot find any clues. I have checked the firewall settings and all the required ports are open. All the required ports are configured in the router.

I am at a loss. Any ideas?
    • Split by brubberModerator Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:36 AM problem is different from original question in this thread
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 1:01 AM

All replies

• Generally if you experience this problem there's a problem with forwarding of port 4125.  If port forwarding has been set correctly in your router there's probably a firewall blocking this port. This can be a firewall at the client you are using or a firewal in your modem and/or router. If you try to connect from your office it can also be the system administrator is blocking port 4125.

Remote access to the console also fails if you're not using Internet Explorer but an alternative browser due to lack of (proper) ActiveX support.
    Tuesday, September 29, 2009 6:43 AM