First Virus Found using WLOC RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

The Pro: Holy smokes WLOC 2.0 works in a mid week scan detected a worm on my computer it asked what to do I clicked clean and it removed it Sheew pesky little varments out there  now I'm running full scan again to make sure no other parts of that bugger exsist.

Here's what was found and cleaned: Worm:Win32/Pushbot.gen

The Con: According to logs the virus got on my system through my isp's Charters news group server browsing a news group that aparently had a virus posted.

How come Wloc is now in 2.0 and still does not monitor E-mail  & News readers programs like Outlook or Windows Live Mail. another virus hit my computer.

Yeah One Care is handling the after virus launch mess but this is to late this virus nabs password info. according to a 3rd party info on this virus told me how to manually remove this.

No info could be found in windows live one care Help or info WLOC needs a library of describing what new threats are out there and details what these lifes pain in the A.. virus do.

WLOC should of detected automaticly when I opened up the thread or group I was on in my news reader of windows live mail.  

I've been Whining about this since windows live one care since day one. and once again.

If something not done I'll be forced to quit using wloc and return to another 3rd party anti virus/spy scan security  software I know will protect my system but is a resource hog.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 3:15 AM

All replies

• Had you tried to open the infected attachment, OneCare would have reacted. Since it was stored as an attachment, it is benign and is dealt with during a full scan or immediately if you try to launch the attachment.

-steve

Thursday, November 8, 2007 6:46 PM
  •  

It just popped up in a routine scan. I know the group and the post which I promptly reported it was a self launched installed bugger.

It was not detected when I visited the post only after the fact and it was a few days after too.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 6:49 PM