URGENT -- Need to Change ID--More Importantly Cannot Activate LiveCare on 3rd Computer RRS feed

• Question

• (1)  I have moved from Oregon; my residence is in Tennessee now with a zip code of 37415 (Chattanooga). 
    (2)  My ID (have a new email address) should be gracegreeno@gmail.com.
    (3)   I want to and need to install Live OneCare on a 3rd computer--a PC.  I had already installed my Live OneCare on my two personal laptops I use at home.  So, I tried to install my Live OneCare on my PC and it worked fine until I had to activate the setup process (or finish it) and I couldn't remember my ID and password.  I finally got my ID ok, but still didn't know what my password is/was (I've changed it as of today).

(4)  I tried to go into my PC and try to finish the setup again yesterday, and I received a message that something had runout and I needed to subscribe to Live OneCare for the PC.  I'm not a happy camper right now, because the PC is now vulnerable, and I want and should be able to install on this 3rd computer, according to my software.

What can I do to resolve this problem?  Please let me know asap.  I wish that there is a 1-800 number I can call to talk to someone about this.
    Friday, April 17, 2009 5:19 PM

Answers

• There is an 800 number. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    However, changing the LiveID is not something that can be done easily when you have a Billing subscription associated with it. The fact that it isn't your current email address is okay, it is still your LiveID.
    You should be able to activate the 3rd install of OneCare with that original LiveID.

If you installed the trial version and didn't activate, but the trial ran out after 90 days, you are still protected, by the way. You just need to repeat the activation process now with that original LiveID for your old email address.

-steve

Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Friday, April 17, 2009 6:08 PM

All replies

• There is an 800 number. 

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/30400b52-7f26-4ba0-bc18-17e305329d90
    However, changing the LiveID is not something that can be done easily when you have a Billing subscription associated with it. The fact that it isn't your current email address is okay, it is still your LiveID.
    You should be able to activate the 3rd install of OneCare with that original LiveID.

If you installed the trial version and didn't activate, but the trial ran out after 90 days, you are still protected, by the way. You just need to repeat the activation process now with that original LiveID for your old email address.

-steve

Friday, April 17, 2009 6:08 PM
  • I'll add that if you are having trouble and need to reach support, but the FAQ isn't helping you get there -

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/onecareinstallandactivate/thread/b296b21b-ad10-4832-84bd-118fffcf2eb8I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

If you don't get an email response from me wthin 24 hours, post back as my email provider is getting more aggressive with the spam filtering.

-steve

Friday, April 17, 2009 6:09 PM