Planned time of the timesheet RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop an application to fill the timesheet,... I can access to timesheet actuals by PSI SVCTimeSheet ,... but I would like to show to the user the planned time for each assigned task,... where is this data stored? do i need to use another service?

thanks,

Thursday, December 1, 2011 3:23 PM

Answers

• Hi alarranaga,

I would recommend you to use the ProjTool, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2010/11/03/projtool-for-project-server-2010.aspx, and you can get an idea about how to do attain your aim.

With the Project PSI web service, you can read Projects, Tasks and Assignments:

1. Use the ReadProjectEntities method to retrieve a DataSet and pass it a ProjectEntityType of Task, Assignment and Resource.

Define some entity types:

public const int ENT_TYPE_TASK = 2;
    public const int ENT_TYPE_RESOURCE = 4;
    public const int ENT_TYPE_ASSIGNMENT = 8;

Then you can read the data:

int entity = ENT_TYPE_TASK | ENT_TYPE_ASSIGNMENT | ENT_TYPE_RESOURCE;
    ProjectDataSet dataSet = project.ReadProjectEntities(projectUid, entity, DataStoreEnum.PublishedStore);
    // do stuff with these tables...
    //dataSet.Task
    //dataSet.Assignment
    //dataSet.ProjectResource

ReadProjectEntities is nice because you can read only the part of the project you need... if you need more than the Task table then you can use a logical OR to get additional ProjectEntityTypes.

Miguel Soler
    • Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, December 12, 2011 6:51 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Another way, of course, is to query the Project Server Reporting database.

In MSP_EpmProject_UserView, MSP_EpmTask_UserView and MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView tables, you can find all what you need.

HTH,

Miguel Soler
    • Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, December 12, 2011 6:52 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi alarranaga,

I would recommend you to use the ProjTool, http://blogs.msdn.com/b/project_programmability/archive/2010/11/03/projtool-for-project-server-2010.aspx, and you can get an idea about how to do attain your aim.

With the Project PSI web service, you can read Projects, Tasks and Assignments:

1. Use the ReadProjectEntities method to retrieve a DataSet and pass it a ProjectEntityType of Task, Assignment and Resource.

Define some entity types:

public const int ENT_TYPE_TASK = 2;
    public const int ENT_TYPE_RESOURCE = 4;
    public const int ENT_TYPE_ASSIGNMENT = 8;

Then you can read the data:

int entity = ENT_TYPE_TASK | ENT_TYPE_ASSIGNMENT | ENT_TYPE_RESOURCE;
    ProjectDataSet dataSet = project.ReadProjectEntities(projectUid, entity, DataStoreEnum.PublishedStore);
    // do stuff with these tables...
    //dataSet.Task
    //dataSet.Assignment
    //dataSet.ProjectResource

ReadProjectEntities is nice because you can read only the part of the project you need... if you need more than the Task table then you can use a logical OR to get additional ProjectEntityTypes.

Miguel Soler
    • Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, December 12, 2011 6:51 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:13 PM
  • Another way, of course, is to query the Project Server Reporting database.

In MSP_EpmProject_UserView, MSP_EpmTask_UserView and MSP_EpmAssignment_UserView tables, you can find all what you need.

HTH,

Miguel Soler
    • Marked as answer by alarranaga Monday, December 12, 2011 6:52 AM
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 8:16 PM