none
[WP8.1]Windows 8.1 Mobile App Crashed While Scanning Bar-Code Using ZXing.Net.Mobile Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,<o:p></o:p>

Hope you all doing great!!.<o:p></o:p>

I am facing an application crash issue in windows mobile app which runs in Lumia device(Windows 8.1).

What happens is,When we do bar-code scanning using library called Zxing.Net.Mobile(Tested with latest version), The application got crashed without even falling in the application unhanded exception block.The scenario is quite often for unsuccessful bar-code findings. For successful attempts, the application works fine as expected.

When the application is not able to find any bar-code on the captured images, then, when user presses back button and navigates to previous screen, the application is getting crashed.

From coding perspective, I have also made sure that, the relevant media related XAML controls and objects that are being used, are properly disposed and cleared.

Kindly expecting your suggestions on this and Help me to resolve this issue as this is a long pending issue which took so much of efforts and time.

Thanks in advance for your timely help!!

Regards,<o:p></o:p>

Baranidharan     <o:p></o:p>

• Moved by Mattew Wu Tuesday, October 31, 2017 3:00 AM developing issue
    • Edited by Breeze Liu Wednesday, November 1, 2017 7:13 AM [WP8.1]
    • Moved by Breeze Liu Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:51 AM off topic
    Monday, October 30, 2017 2:57 PM

All replies

• Hi Baranidharan,

Since your question is not within the scope of App Studio forum, I move your thread to technical forum so that you could be assisted appropriately.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:59 AM
  • Hello, 

Here is the official forum for developing UWP apps and you are using a third party library Zxing.Net.Mobile, we don't support it here. Besides, Microsoft has ended support for Windows Phone 8.1, you could port your app With Windows 10, you can create a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) app, which is a single app package that your customers can install onto every kind of device.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 1, 2017 9:16 AM