none
Account broken cannot log in

Question

• Hello,

Sorry, this was the best forum I could find vaguely related to my problem.

I've just logged in to MSDN (via accounts.live.com) and it said I was a child! I've had my MSDN account for 10 years and I'm 40.

I then proceeded anyway with 'I am not a child', so it wanted my credit card as proof.

I can't fill in the details because the address details are hard coded for America and I don't live in America.

I pretended otherwise just in case it would verify with just the main details then on the page it said ensure the credit card has the name 'Adam' on it. My name isn't Adam, Adam is my son's name.

So I think somehow my data has been corrupted and it's mixed up me with my son's account, the only thing I can think of is it's corrupted itself through a bug in the site picking up a previous login by him. I've logged in as him, btw,  but it's ok and there's no mention of me.

I tried the Microsoft chat for technical issues, one person ended the chat and another said to go to Outlook, so hardly useful. I cannot find any other telephone numbers, email or chat options and now my MSDN account is broken.

Any ideas? first why it thinks I'm my son and second why it thinks everyone logging on to Microsoft is American?

Saturday, September 05, 2015 1:08 PM

Answers