Using PocketSense with UK Money -- deleting multiple dummy enties RRS feed

• Question

• I have the same issue but backup restore is not the answer

I use the Python script daily to update stock prices but as part of the import process it removes the share in the ticker file

Unless you delete that transaction before the next import ( next morning) the updated prices will be registered

So daily I have to delete approx. 50" remove share" transactions before the next download and need an automated script or batch file that deletes them

Any thoughts anyone ?

Thursday, September 17, 2015 9:38 AM

All replies

• Could you tell us what Money program (Money 2005 UK?) you are using and what Python script you are using (PocketSense?)?

Also please tell us anything else that you presumed we knew about your situation.

Thursday, September 17, 2015 2:14 PM
  • Sorry missed ur request for more info

I am using Money V14.0.120.1105 (think this is MS Money 2005 Uk )  and also Pocket sense

Was rather hoping that someone out there had written a batch file that would delete the "Remove Share " transaction in the ticker account

thanks

Andrew

Monday, September 28, 2015 8:11 AM
  • I use PocketSense, but I understand that it works differently for 2005 than for the Plus version that I use.

Do those transactions go into separate account? I am pretty sure they should. Is that account a "Watch Account" (pretend account)? I don't know if that works. Somebody who uses PocketSense with Money 2005 will probably know that. If that works, the advantage of a watch account is that its transactions don't count toward totals and reports. In the Portfolio view, you can choose to include Watch Accounts or not with ChangePortfolioView->ShowWatchAccounts.

I did not really understand "Unless you delete that transaction before the next import ( next morning) the updated prices will be registered". I am not sure what "registered" meant, and for my guesses, I do not understand why that would be undesirable.
    Monday, September 28, 2015 4:44 PM