CRM 2011 Update Rollup 7 fails with the error "The database update failed for some organizations." RRS feed

• Question

• Hi ,

I am applying update rollup 7 on our crm environment and while I have been able to update one of my web servers to rollup 7 I am having issues updating other web servers to rollup 7. The intall is stuck and when I look at the install it is waiting on this last log entry

Inserting into DBUpdateInstallInfo_V5: Revision = 1992, DBUpdateActionId = 1b8c1486-57c1-4e4b-818a-4a81ecd09ea6, CrmDatabase = ConfigOnPremise

When I abort the process the log file has the following error message.

The Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server (KB2600643) completed successfully. However, the database update failed for some organizations

Deployment manager still shows the previous rollup version on this server so I assume that the rollup 7 was not successfull.

So now in my environment which has multiple web servers ( and 1 async server) I have one web server , async server , db server and the report server updated to rollup 7 but having issues updating other web server to rollup 7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Swathi.

Thursday, April 12, 2012 4:07 PM

All replies

• Can you verify the following: Open Deployment Manager, Click "organizations" --> Under the update header, do you see "available" for any of the organizations?

If so, right click that organization and select update.  This will run the database updates on that organization. 

How long did you wait for the dbupdate to complete before you aborted it previously?  What was the UR version prior to attempting to install UR7?

If you can post any error logs that you get that would be helpful as well.

Thanks,

Brandon

Thursday, April 12, 2012 10:46 PM