I am unable to log onto my homeserver.net site and see WHS RRS feed

• Question

• I travel quite a bit and last weekend set up Windows Home Server for the first time. Before I left I made sure the router was adjusted and my windows home server site was set up (both had the green check marks) but it fails to connect when I try to go to the site. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I may have missed
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:10 PM

All replies

• Instead of "myserver.homeserver.net", have you tried "myserver.homeserver.com", which is the URL you should be using? :)
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 5:43 PM
  • I apologize for the incorrect post, I am actually logging on to .com not .net
    Tuesday, March 24, 2009 9:41 PM
  • dronk said:

I apologize for the incorrect post, I am actually logging on to .com not .net

Did you try to connect to the website from outside your LAN before you left (just to make sure it worked)?  Maybe your server is off (power failure, tripped power cord, etc).  In any event, it's going to be really difficult to troubleshoot if you're not sitting at the server....
    Wednesday, March 25, 2009 1:08 AM
  • Hi
    I setup my Whs webpage a few days ago. And when I went to log into the server homepage from work, I got a Page could not be displayed. In the end I got it to work by logging in using the ip adress of my server.  And after I had logged in, It has been working ever since using the normal adress. Bit of a strange one, But worked for me. I run www.logmein.com to get access to my server if all else fails. and thats how I got my ip address from my server.
    pwta
    Thursday, March 26, 2009 6:56 PM