Drag and drop from Western Digital external causes a crash RRS feed

• Question

• Drag and drop from my Western Digital external freezes the program at 0% and refuses to cancel or close. Photos dragged from internal storage or a different external works as expected. I don't know if this should be posted at WD or not, but I cannot see how a simple external drive prevents drag and drop. Is there a way to solve this?

Using 64-bit version on Windows 7.

Friday, January 27, 2012 3:31 AM

All replies

• how large is the drive?
    Monday, January 30, 2012 3:32 AM
  • 3TB or 2.7TB after the necessary sacrifice. (My Book Essential)

http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=240

File > New Panorama gives an error (on previously stitched photos too):

Could not stitch together any on the input images. please make sure your

images are taken from one location and overlap one another.

E_INVALIDARG: An input parameter was passed to the returning function.

(Error code 0x80070057 at 0% progress.)

If this error doesn't show up the program freezes, occupies a core 100%, and requires a end task to quit.

Hope this helps.

• Edited by Todd Mckay Monday, January 30, 2012 5:36 PM
    Monday, January 30, 2012 5:16 PM
  • This is the second time I've heard this.  Unfortunately it seems that we may have a problem with large external drives.  A previous thread also pointed out the issue: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/is/ice/thread/f89597f3-e2b7-4aed-bf09-d11e499e22aa   I haven't gotten around to debugging it yet.
    Monday, January 30, 2012 5:55 PM
  • Oh well.

Thank you for the help. I guess I can work around this.

Monday, January 30, 2012 7:19 PM
  • Im am having an issue with ice  error 0x80070057, it will not load the files, stops at  4.1%;; I am using a #TB Iomega, I wil remove files to laptop drive and see what happens.
    Monday, December 10, 2012 12:57 AM
  • WOW  THANKS,  that did it, loaded pics on to flash card and then into ICE,  thanks a lot for  the  Todd Mc Kay  question, and the answer.

Monday, December 10, 2012 1:03 AM