Set Case Access for all contacts RRS feed

• Question

• I am setting up a Customer Portal, so our customers can submit issues they have with their site. Customers need to be able to log in and submit a case. But the problem is I need to set the Case Access for every contact. As we have a lot of contacts that are going to use the portal, we want to give them all the same access and want to be able to edit this centraly. Is it possible to set the Case Access in bulk for multiple users?
    Monday, February 27, 2012 2:00 PM

Answers

• Go to:

Settings / Processes / Processes

There should be a Workflow called 'MSA-Customer Portal: Setup basic portal privileges', installed as part of the Portal Managed Solution.  It creates Access Privileges for new Portal Contacts - you can modify it as necessary for your specific requirements.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by ThomasBogaard Friday, March 2, 2012 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:12 PM

All replies

• Are you talking about the Microsoft accelerator "Customer Portal"?

Hope this helps. Adam Vero, MCT

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:54 PM
  • The Portal solution contains sample Workflows, one of which sets default Access Permissions.  Provided it is configured to run 'On Demand', you can use a Workflow to set Case Access permissions in bulk; up to 250 at a time.

Monday, February 27, 2012 10:45 PM
  • @ Adam, I don't know to be honest, is there any way I can check? 

@ Pogo69, I have been trying to use your answer, only I have a couple of questions. First let me describe what I do. I go to Settings > Customizations > Solutions > BusinessBase TemplateV5. I can find Case Access in there, but i can not do anything with it. 

So my question is am I looking in the right place and if I am how can I use this Sample Workflow? 

And to make my question more clear: We have Users, employees of our company and Contacts, customers of our company. We want to give our Costumers access to our portal, so they can submit an issue via a from that we already created. 

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:18 AM
  • Go to:

Settings / Processes / Processes

There should be a Workflow called 'MSA-Customer Portal: Setup basic portal privileges', installed as part of the Portal Managed Solution.  It creates Access Privileges for new Portal Contacts - you can modify it as necessary for your specific requirements.

• Marked as answer by ThomasBogaard Friday, March 2, 2012 2:09 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 11:12 PM