H340 Recovery Mode RRS feed

• Question

• I have been trying my best, to follow the instructions posted here to get my H340 into recovery mode, after it died a mysterious death the other day. 

I'm holding down the pin-button at the back while booting, and I can get it as far as the flashing red i, then it just sits there and does nothing. (but, it does look infuriatingly cylon like, with it's blinking, red "i") is there a workaround to get the networking running? if I can't get the networking running, do I have a brick, or is there another way to install WHS? 

Am I doing something wrong here? Assistance? What is this evil blinking red i, with no networking that dissallows me recovery. 

Sunday, April 4, 2010 8:53 PM

All replies

• I have been trying my best, to follow the instructions posted here to get my H340 into recovery mode, after it died a mysterious death the other day. 

I'm holding down the pin-button at the back while booting, and I can get it as far as the flashing red i, then it just sits there and does nothing. (but, it does look infuriatingly cylon like, with it's blinking, red "i") is there a workaround to get the networking running? if I can't get the networking running, do I have a brick, or is there another way to install WHS? 

Am I doing something wrong here? Assistance? What is this evil blinking red i, with no networking that dissallows me recovery. 

Have you tried contacting Acer for support yet?  They should be able to help you with that.
    Sunday, April 4, 2010 9:06 PM
  • oh god. Acer support. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit. (I've had some bad experiences in the past)

I guess, at this point, if my option is to have a brick, or to put up with their support, I've gotta do, what I've gotta do.

Sunday, April 4, 2010 9:30 PM
  • Are you connecting your computer and server via a router?  Try connecting directly with a network cable - double check that the link lights are lit at both ends and try a recovery that way.
    --
    Tuesday, April 6, 2010 10:16 AM