How to remove a 'dead' mesh folder from local desktop RRS feed

• Question

• I have a folder on my local desktop that was syncronized with Mesh but somehow has lost it's way. It has the blue Mesh folder icon but it isn't in the cloud on Live Desktop.

When I try to delete it via right-click Live Mesh options or thru explorer I get an error message saying "Cannot stop syncronizing folders ...Request to MOE failed with status code 404."

Friday, December 12, 2008 1:56 PM

Answers

• Hi,

That's an unusual problem.  If you wouldn't mind, could you please open a bug for us through Connect (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums).  If you post your Connect Feedback ID here after you've submitted the bug, I will follow up with the developers and let you know as soon as we learn anything.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 7:44 PM

All replies

• Hi,

That's an unusual problem.  If you wouldn't mind, could you please open a bug for us through Connect (instructions are in an Announcement at the top of the forums).  If you post your Connect Feedback ID here after you've submitted the bug, I will follow up with the developers and let you know as soon as we learn anything.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Friday, December 12, 2008 7:44 PM
  • I've seen this. too. But I can't reproduce it now. It had something to do with the order where I created or deleted the folder (created on client and deleted on Live Desktop ot something like that). If I recall correctly,  fixed it by re-creating the folder in the other location.
    Stefan Krueger, Microsoft Windows Installer MVP, www.InstallSite.org
    Saturday, December 13, 2008 6:10 PM
  • I actually had this happen to me the other day.  In the process of changing the way I synced some data, I deleted a folder.  It happily vanished from the Live Desktop, vanished from the file server, vanished from the laptop, but stubbornly stuck around on the desktop.  Same 404 error.  To fix it, I ran LiveMesh.msi that is hiding out in user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Live Mesh\Setup (on Vista anyways; on XP you'd need to start from the Local Settings folder in your user account).  Tell it Repar, sit back, wait for it to run, re-enter you log in information, close the Add Device window, and it should be pulling down the correct folder share settings.
    Saturday, December 20, 2008 6:06 PM
  • Keris - Thank you. That solved a ton of sync issues i was having. Specially after logging in under two different accounts that both have the same machine added and some other really funky stuff i cant explain. Thank you Thank you
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 9:26 PM
  • THANK YOU!!! Had the same issue and it was driving me nuts!
    Monday, June 22, 2009 3:02 AM