My computer is not downloading site that secure it tells me i am ruuning on 64 bit and needs to be 32 bit and is always running on fair where is my equipt at RRS feed

• Question

• I'v treid tune up, I treid to find equip can't find it and have pictures in there can't find it. I've try alot need help
    Tuesday, April 7, 2009 4:56 PM

Answers

• It is possible that the site you are trying to access will only work with a 32 bit browser as it uses an add-on that will not work with 64 bit IE. In Vista 64 bit, go to Start/All programs and you will see two entries for Internet Explorer. One has (64 bit) as part of the name. Start IE from the other one and try accessing your secure web site.
    If you are trying to download and install a program, that program may not be supported on your operating system - 64 bit Vista.
    In either case, this isn't a OneCare issue, but an issue with the operating system and the site. You may want to check with the site administrator if there is a contact link available or pursue this issue in the Vista community site:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/community/default.mspx

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:18 PM

All replies

• I would like to help but I really don't understand the question. If you could provide some details such as operating system, what application you are having difficulty with, what the application is doing/not doing, and what you need it to do, we may be able to help or at least point you to where you can get help.
    Jim - MVP Windows Live - Forum Moderator - Live One Care - Live Mesh
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 1:10 AM
  • It is possible that the site you are trying to access will only work with a 32 bit browser as it uses an add-on that will not work with 64 bit IE. In Vista 64 bit, go to Start/All programs and you will see two entries for Internet Explorer. One has (64 bit) as part of the name. Start IE from the other one and try accessing your secure web site.
    If you are trying to download and install a program, that program may not be supported on your operating system - 64 bit Vista.
    In either case, this isn't a OneCare issue, but an issue with the operating system and the site. You may want to check with the site administrator if there is a contact link available or pursue this issue in the Vista community site:
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/community/default.mspx

-steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare & Live Mesh Forum Moderator
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 6:18 PM