none
sunriise2: Tool to search all accounts for unaccepted transaction RRS feed

• General discussion

• Download from link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B10eY2X6xqTmTFdyUHdxdURoSGs

If you get warning about 'No Preview Available', just select to 'Download'

You will need Java install on your computer.

Open command window

Enter command

java -cp sunriise-mdb-explorer-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-jarall.jar app.FindUnaccepted out.csv file.mny [password]
    • out.csv: is the name of the output file 
    • file.mny: is the name of your msMoney file
    • password: password to above file (if any)

If there are any unaccepted transaction, it will be saved into out.cvs file in TAB separated format.

file.mny will be open in read-only mode, but to be on the safe side, you should try on a 'copy' first.
    Friday, May 6, 2016 7:48 AM

All replies

• Hi

I've downloaded and saved this app.

I saved it to the Users/Peter directory.

When I tried to run it, I received an error message "Error: Could not find or load main class app.FindUnaccpted"

Any thoughts as to what I might be doing wrong? Do I need to copy my MS money file into the same folder as this app? As you can doubtless tell, I'm not very familiar with all of this!

2016-05-07 08:17:35,441 [main] INFO  app.FindUnaccepted - outFileName=out.csv
    2016-05-07 08:17:35,441 [main] INFO  app.FindUnaccepted - inFileName=money
    2016-05-07 08:17:35,457 [main] INFO  com.hungle.sunriise.utils.FileUtil - # Opening dbFile=C:\Users\Peter\money
    2016-05-07 08:17:35,519 [main] ERROR app.FindUnaccepted - java.io.FileNotFoundException: given file does not exist: money
    java.io.FileNotFoundException: given file does not exist: money
     at com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.impl.DatabaseImpl.open(DatabaseImpl.java:365)
     at com.healthmarketscience.jackcess.DatabaseBuilder.open(DatabaseBuilder.java:252)
     at com.hungle.sunriise.utils.FileUtil.openDb(FileUtil.java:327)
     at com.hungle.sunriise.utils.FileUtil.openDb(FileUtil.java:67)
     at com.hungle.sunriise.utils.FileUtil.openDbReadOnly(FileUtil.java:79)
     at app.FindUnaccepted.main(FindUnaccepted.java:77)

My file is called Money 2003.mny - but looking at the above log one thing that appears is that the app is looking for a file called Money. In the command I put "Money 2003.mny"

Thanks

Saturday, May 7, 2016 7:20 AM
  • Re: '"Error: Could not find or load main class app.FindUnaccpted - you had a typo. But look like you were able to get past that based on the subsequent log output.

Re: java.io.FileNotFoundException: given file does not exist: money

Try putting a quote around your filename (to preserve the space)

java -cp sunriise-mdb-explorer-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-jarall.jar app.FindUnaccepted out.csv 'C:\Users\Peter\Money 2003.mny'

Tip: might be easier to create a bat file by copy and paste above command into a file call run.bat. Then 

run.bat

at the command-line prompt

Saturday, May 7, 2016 7:44 AM
  • Hi

I tried that and I think that I am making progress.

When I run the BAT file, I get nothing in the sunriise-log.txt file, just a message in the Command Window to say "Usage: java app.FindUnaccepted out.csv file.mny [password]"

Doubtless something dumb on my part!

Thanks

Saturday, May 7, 2016 8:26 AM
  • A new version that will prompt you for input and output file (if they are not specified as arguments)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B10eY2X6xqTmUE5ZOVdYS2ZBUzg

Just run

java -cp sunriise-mdb-explorer-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-jarall.jar app.FindUnaccepted
    When you see the 'Open' dialog, you can click on the button '...' on the right side of the 'DB Filename' text entry to bring up a file chooser. 

Saturday, May 7, 2016 3:01 PM
  • My file is called Money 2003.mny - but looking at the above log one thing that appears is that the app is looking for a file called Money. In the command I put "Money 2003.mny"

I would try renaming that Money file to be Money_2003.mny or Money03.mny.

I understand the use of quotes around filenames that contain spaces in Windows, but it may be Java does not have the same treatment. Getting rid of the space would let you get rid of the quotes, which may be a problem.  Maybe the quotes are not being passed to Windows, so I suspect this would get the job done with the existing filename:
    "\"Money 2003.mny\""

Using the file chooser should eliminate any related problems, I would think. But having the pathnames in a batch file would be a lot more convenient for regular use.

Saturday, May 7, 2016 4:02 PM
  • Hi hleofxquotes02

Thanks for the new script - it has allowed me to make progress. I've been away with work for a few days so haven't been able to

I'm now blocked by a problem with the password for my MS Money file. I suspect that this is the start of another long and sorry tale.

The program that you wrote needs a password to of the .MNY file. It rejected the password that I put in. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my Microsoft .NET Password that I needed to open my Microsoft Money file didn't work. I reset the password online and although the change was obviously recorded (I needed to use the new password to open my Outlook account), neither the old nor the new password opened my Microsoft Money file.

I continued using Microsft Money offline - which seemed to avoid the need for a correct password (although the password field still needed to be populated). I didn't get to the bottom of the problem as to why the password reset.

I have just tried resetting the password again - but the Microsoft Money app still tells me that I have the wrong password. Until I sort this out and make a new copy of my MS Money file I guess I am snookered in terms of being able to use this new script.

Any thoughts on the password issue, please?

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 4:03 PM
  • Hi hleofxquotes02

Thanks for the new script - it has allowed me to make progress. I've been away with work for a few days so haven't been able to

I'm now blocked by a problem with the password for my MS Money file. I suspect that this is the start of another long and sorry tale.

The program that you wrote needs a password to of the .MNY file. It rejected the password that I put in. A few weeks ago, I noticed that my Microsoft .NET Password that I needed to open my Microsoft Money file didn't work. I reset the password online and although the change was obviously recorded (I needed to use the new password to open my Outlook account), neither the old nor the new password opened my Microsoft Money file.

I continued using Microsft Money offline - which seemed to avoid the need for a correct password (although the password field still needed to be populated). I didn't get to the bottom of the problem as to why the password reset.

I have just tried resetting the password again - but the Microsoft Money app still tells me that I have the wrong password. Until I sort this out and make a new copy of my MS Money file I guess I am snookered in terms of being able to use this new script.

Any thoughts on the password issue, please?

Remove the Live ID in Money Sunset! Go to
    File-PasswordManager, and choose to remove your LiveID.  To remove
    or add a conventional password, also see File->PasswordManager.
    Wednesday, May 11, 2016 5:57 PM
  • Hi Cal

That has worked - thanks!

Peter

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:07 PM
  • hleofxquotes02

Well - we've got there now - the script has worked and I have some output. A quick glance indicates that it is the transactions that I was looking for. I'll look in more details over the next couple of days - and also refresh my data parsing skills.

Thanks to everyone for sticking with me on this query.

Peter

Wednesday, May 11, 2016 6:10 PM