CRM 4.0 Client for Outlook on a Citrix 4 Server RRS feed

• Question

• Howdy folks

CRM 4.0

Exchange 2007

Outlook Client 2003

Citrix 4.0 (ro4) on win 2003 server (SP2)

I've been tasked to install the crm 4.0 client on our Citrix servers.  This is a new roll out so I'm new to the program.   I see some documentation for the 3.0 version in Citrix but nothing on 4.    I'm thinking there is a difference in the clients, so I decided to just follow the instructions that came with the 4.0 client.  

I did the initial install logged in as me (admin) and it seemed to work.  I logged out and back in and it was still there so i went on to the next step. 

On the normal user set up I log in as a regular user and run the "Configuration Wizard".   I got to the "Applying Configuration" window then I get the following error noted in this KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948312   The KB article wasn't helpful but it does show the exact error.    I spent the rest of the day trying different things.  Even tried setting the user up as admin on the server.   I'm able to manually add the Data file but the second I hit OK Outlook crashes.  I'm wondering if this is going to even work as a shared install?

Anyone out there have this version of the Outlook client running in Terminal Services or Citrix?

Thursday, March 6, 2008 2:53 AM

All replies

• Thanks

Not much out there yet.  So i've been working on my own docs.   I'll post them when I'm done for others to use.  Wink

Tuesday, March 18, 2008 2:36 AM
  • Chris, were you able to find anything?  I've been searcing the world over it seems. To no avail.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 4:12 PM
  • I wrote my own....

I'd post them here but I don't seem to have the ability to attach files

Monday, May 5, 2008 1:16 AM
  • Chris, can you send me the doc? Regards Stefan

Thursday, May 15, 2008 5:57 PM
  • Stefan

Did you have any luck finding implementation information for CRM 4.0 Outlook and Citrix? I'm looking for the same information.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 4:04 PM
  • Hello Chris,

Could you also please send me your document.

We are currently trying to install the CRM Client for Outlook on a Citrix server.

Thank you,

Thomas Davin

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 1:06 PM
  • Hi.

Can you send me a copy too?

Br Jan

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 1:33 PM
  • Hi Chris,

Could you send them to me too? (sorry - another person to add to a growing list....)

Thanks

Andrew Nevitt

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:39 AM
  • Can you send to me also?  Again sorry for the growing list!

Friday, October 10, 2008 1:42 PM
  • please add my name to the growing list of users who need your Citrix install instructions.  Thanks for being a pioneer.

Friday, October 10, 2008 9:39 PM
  • HI Guys

Would I also be able to get a copy of your document?

Many thanks

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 9:53 AM
  • Chris-
    I too would greatly appreciate the docs.

Thank you

-Moses
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 11:09 PM
  •  

Could I please trouble you for the docs as well?

I have been fairly successfull with my install so far, although there are a few niggling issues to sort out such as terminal services profiles, appearance of the app etc.

I would really appreciate your help.

Thanks

Paul

Tuesday, November 25, 2008 2:52 AM
  • Please send on here too...

Anyone know whether it's possible to get the Client working on a Citrix farm that uses Mandatory profiles?  I'm slowly starting to lose hope!

Cheers

Tuesday, December 2, 2008 5:05 PM
  • Hey all,

Is there a document with a ctrix install available? if so could you kindly please forward to me as we are trying to roll out the CRM installation on a citrix environment.

ANY help would be very welcomed

Thanks in advance

Robert

Friday, December 5, 2008 9:34 AM
  • Can you send me the copy of the doc as well? We are against the wall as we speak.

TIA

Mondi

Monday, December 15, 2008 8:40 PM
  •  would also love to have a copy of this doc!

thanks

andreas

Monday, December 29, 2008 12:48 PM
  •  

If the doc is still avaliable I would also like to get it.

Thanks

Wednesday, January 21, 2009 6:39 PM
  • I would like to get your documentation as well. Thanks a ton!

richoyler [at] gmail.com

Tuesday, January 27, 2009 7:51 PM
  • Hi, i know its a bit late but can you send me your document to?

regards,

mehmet
    email: alb1@amersfoort.nl

Reynaldo
    Wednesday, February 4, 2009 1:10 PM
  • Hi there,

Can I get a copy of your documentation also? Maybe you should write a book! My main question is whether we can install the CRM 4.0 Outlook Client (online only) on a mandatory profile so that it will be available for all of the users upon logon without manually configuring each user or using a logon script to configure each user.

Thanks!
    Andy
    Andy
    Wednesday, February 18, 2009 1:22 AM
  • Hi, can you please send me a copy of this doc?

Thanks!

-J
    Tuesday, April 21, 2009 10:18 PM
  • Hi, just wondering if you have created those docs.  Would really appreciate the advice!
    Thanks very much.
    Thursday, April 30, 2009 9:30 AM
  • Please, could you send me a copy of docs?
    Thanks
    Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:00 AM
  • I would like a copy too:)

I will try to use it on Citrix XenApp 5.0. Everything seems to work fine, but if I make an Appointment in CRM and it is setup to warn me 15 min. before.  Outlook freezes wenn the warning has been anwsered. I have to disable CRM or even kill the Microsoft.Crm.Application.Hoster process. If a make a similar appointment in Outlook Calendar it works fine.

Any help would be grateful!

/Oan

Tuesday, December 1, 2009 6:27 AM
  • Please, could you send me a copy of docs?
    Thanks
    Thursday, December 3, 2009 4:19 AM
  • Hello Atual

I fixed it with the latest update rollup 7 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/971782

/Oan

Thursday, December 3, 2009 10:39 AM
  • Hi,

A bit late on this topic, but are you able to send me a copy of the docs. We are about to install CRM4 on Citrix PS4.0. Thanks :-)

Regards,

Adroit

Sunday, September 19, 2010 10:18 PM