Compaq ProLiant ML370 G2 RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello:

Just thought I'd throw my config into the ring. I was invited into the Home Server Beta 2. I installed on a Compaq ProLiant ML370 G2. Dual 1.4GHz procs, 3GB RAM. My main storage currently is a RAID 5 array with six 18.2GB SCSI drives on the integrated 5i array controller. I threw in a 40GB ATA drive I had just to see what WHS would do with the extra storage. I'll be adding a SATA RAID controller and three SATA drives next to increase capacity and I also want to add a USB drive just to see how it all the storage comes together.

Install was a breeze as WHS auto detected all the hardware with the exception of the Remote Insight Management board that was installed. I quick trip to hp.com and a driver download fixed that. Being based on Windows Server 2003, I have had no issues with any hardware that has drivers for WIndows 2003.

Sunday, March 18, 2007 2:12 AM

All replies

• I have a ML370 G2 also, but have relegated it to testing only (not for home server) since it is so LOUD and comsumes a lot of power. I keep it turned off most of the time.

How do you handle the noise?

Sunday, March 18, 2007 2:06 PM