none
Some severe issues with the Online Courses and Labs RRS feed

• Question

• Hi folks,

I'm currently trying to fit in every single spare moment I get with study for the upcoming 70-640 and 70-642 I have on June 25th + June 29th and am attempting, I say attempting with a reason, to use the Online Learning to help with this. Now, this is more than likely an issue on my end, so I'm hoping someone would have some advice. I was thinking it might possibly be the group policies on the work machines altering or hindering some part of IE but it then repeated the same issues on my home system.

The two main problems I have are as follows:

1: When starting a "Self Test" or "Game", the popup notification or instructions with the "Ok" or "Start" box will NOT go away once clicked. It remains where it is placed directly over the test or game itself.

2: When starting labs and launching the VM, the display of the VM is tiny. No, I don't mean I'm complaining about 800x600. I mean it's about 60x40. No matter what I do I can't make it larger.

Any advice at all on this matter would be extremely appreciated, I've so little time left before this exam!

- Marc

Monday, May 21, 2012 3:36 PM

Answers

• I can confirm that error 1 occurs in IE8 and IE9 so that error is not specific to your environment.  To fix this error, you need to set microsoftelearning.com to be viewed using compatibility mode by following these steps:

1. Launch IE
    2. Select the Tools menu option (ALT + T)
    3. Select the Compatibility view settings menu option
    4. Enter microsoftelearning.com in the Add this website field
    5. Click on the Add button
    6. Click on the close button

I can't confirm that error 2 occurs as the lab launches correctly for me. Can you please click on the "Reset Device" located at the top of the screen which will relaunch the VM.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:37 AM

All replies

• I can confirm that error 1 occurs in IE8 and IE9 so that error is not specific to your environment.  To fix this error, you need to set microsoftelearning.com to be viewed using compatibility mode by following these steps:

1. Launch IE
    2. Select the Tools menu option (ALT + T)
    3. Select the Compatibility view settings menu option
    4. Enter microsoftelearning.com in the Add this website field
    5. Click on the Add button
    6. Click on the close button

I can't confirm that error 2 occurs as the lab launches correctly for me. Can you please click on the "Reset Device" located at the top of the screen which will relaunch the VM.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 12:37 AM
  • That's fantastic thank you, at least I have a way of sorting that first problem now. The second I'm afraid seems to repeat itself even after PC reboots. It doesn't happen all of the time, I'd say half. Which is the frustrating bit. "Do this with the domain server and this with the client", domain server goes fine, client is to be viewed by ants.

Thank you for your solution to the first issue again Jeff.

-Marc

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:25 AM
  • I will look into the other issue again tomorrow to see what can be done.

Jeff Wharton

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 9:27 AM
  • I will look into the other issue again tomorrow to see what can be done.

Jeff Wharton

That's very kind of you Jeff but honestly if it's too much trouble just leave it, I'm sure you're a busy man!

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 10:00 AM
  • I played around for quite a while 9with your course and some of the courses I haeva access to) and was never able to replicate the 2nd issue you reported.  All my labs launched in the correct size.  Not sure where to go from here.

Jeff Wharton

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 1:33 AM
  • Hi t-mahil,

Did you get your VM problems fixed?  If not, do you required any further assistance?

Jeff Wharton

Thursday, May 31, 2012 11:27 PM