none
Pasting link bug - next character becomes a link too RRS feed

• Question

• In many threads I now see this problem - next character following a link also becomes a link, so the whole link is now wrong. I experienced this behavior myself also, but I always deleted that character, put a space, then type again to fix this problem.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012 2:47 PM

Answers

• As far as I recall I only e-mailed you. But there are numerous examples in the forums in addition to this thread. 

My blog

I recommend not emailing only me. I work on SQL Server, not forums. =^)

Okay. I sent a request to Brent and Eduardo. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:12 PM
    Owner
  • BTW, I fixed that thread I meant initially after I became a moderator in that forum.

My blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:32 PM

All replies

• Can you give steps and a link to where this happened? Is this specific to using the "Insert Hyperlink" button in the toolbar?

Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Friday, May 11, 2012 8:28 PM
    Owner
  • Every time I paste a link, go to next line to start typing, the next symbol becomes a link also. I believe I sent you an example by e-mail of Jeff Wharton's sticky thread in SQL Samples forum. Using Link button I paste a link

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/transactsql/thread/1b9cef9a-63e4-47bf-a9f0-a827d30cab07

test

Please note that the first letter in the test is underlined as hyperlink. When it happens in my threads, I go back, delete that word and re-type. Many people don't, so I see this problem in many threads.

My blog

Friday, May 11, 2012 11:15 PM
  • Did you also email Brent and link to this thread for him to track it?

Thanks!

Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:23 AM
    Owner
  • As far as I recall I only e-mailed you. But there are numerous examples in the forums in addition to this thread. 

My blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012 4:44 AM

My blog

I recommend not emailing only me. I work on SQL Server, not forums. =^)

Okay. I sent a request to Brent and Eduardo. Thanks!

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:12 PM
    Owner
  • BTW, I fixed that thread I meant initially after I became a moderator in that forum.

My blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012 8:32 PM