Will the Synchronization Services API work on the Arm version of the (fast) incoming windows.8 ? RRS feed

• Question

• Microsoft Synchronization Services for ADO.NET requires ADO.NET 2.0 on the client and server.   Personally I think that the client part of the Microsoft Synchronization Services , for the arm platform WILL surely work , although I don't know if it the source C++ code needs to be recompiled (reconfigured or slightly modified) for the arm platform specifically. As for the server side of the Microsoft Synchronization Services , I also believe that it will work on both the x86 and the arm platforms of the soon to come windows.8.

• Moved by Yi-Lun Luo Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:24 AM Off Topic. (From:Windows Communication Foundation)
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 8:47 AM

Answers

• Hello, please ask the question on the sync framework forum. Just an FYI: Sync framework 4.0 CTP is based on OData, and thus can be consumed by any clients that are able to make HTTP requests.
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Windows Azure Technical Forum Support Team Blog
    • Marked as answer by costea310d Friday, January 14, 2011 11:31 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:24 AM

All replies

• Hello, please ask the question on the sync framework forum. Just an FYI: Sync framework 4.0 CTP is based on OData, and thus can be consumed by any clients that are able to make HTTP requests.
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Windows Azure Technical Forum Support Team Blog
    • Marked as answer by costea310d Friday, January 14, 2011 11:31 AM
    Thursday, January 13, 2011 3:24 AM
  • Thanck you very much , mister Yi-Lun Luo , your answer is great , it is fantastic , because this means that windows 8 for ARM

will be as fantastic as it promises to be. Windows8 for ARM  wil unleash the WHOLE productivity of all the dotnet developers , SIMULTANEOUSLY onto the bilions of arm devices and onto the existing or future x86 PCs.

Friday, January 14, 2011 11:35 AM